July 17, 2022
April's quest for silvery lavender tops was timely for me. I had the color on my mind as one to keep an eye out for. Specifically I wanted it to go with a jacket I made a few years ago, which I have trouble wearing, even though it should go with a lot of my clothes.
I went to Aritzia to see if I could try any of the tops Inge found for April. I came home with this one. It's very oversized. This is a size down from my usual, and it is still big. But I like the look and feel of it. I think it brings a little attitude to the jacket. I also tried it with my new blazer bought at NAS (which has a thin line of purple running through the checks), and with a knit vest that I also like to pair with an oversized blouse.
One thing I'm bummed about: I paid full price, and when I looked it up online to make the Find, I see it's on sale. If I had paid the sale price, though, I wouldn't be able to return it. So if I decide to keep it, I'll see if I can get a price adjustment (or return it to the store and order it online).
1) The shirt on its own. I buttoned the cuffs two ways. The sleeves are a little long, but when I button the cuffs on the second button, they sit fine, and I don't feel the sleeves look or feel too-too long. I buttoned the other cuff after turning it back, creating a faux cufflink effect, a trick I like to use sometimes.
2) With the jacket that could use a companion.
3) With my new blazer (1.State).
4) With a slate gray and off-white marled knit vest (OSKA).
5) What I wore shopping. Boyfriend jeans (Citizens of Humanity, Emerson); dusty teal t-shirt (Madewell); hemp knit off-white jacket (OSKA); off-white loafers (Open Edit); sage cross-body camera bag (Madewell).
I'm thinking I'll probably keep it, but am open to your thoughts.
P.S. They have the same shirt in cotton and in linen. I got the cotton one; didn't see the linen in store, but I'd prefer the cotton anyway, for year-round wear.
Posted in the Shopping category
This post is also published in the youlookfab forum. You can read and reply to it in either place. All replies will appear in both places.